Thursday, November 11, 2004

A Letter to the Christians!

Ephesians 4: 29-32
  • "29 Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
  • 30 And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.
  • 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior.
  • 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

I prefer to consider myself a fairly well rounded person, but like all people I have area's in my life I care more about muchless know more about. My Faith is one of them. So for a while I believe that I will type some scripture and then go through a short process of breaking it down in the way I see it. I would add I would love for people to comment on such topics to give me what the verse(s) says to you! (And don't look to much at my spelling LOL)

The book of Ephesians was written by Paul to the church at Ephesus, "Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus". So in making this statement we know the book of Ephesiains is basically a letter of encouragement to believers, and instructions to help us along on the journey to follow Christ.

Now for the passage above:

A Christian's speech should be different. I have often heard the argument about "Who decided what words are and are not 'curse' words?" To this I do not know, but as a society we have dubbed them wrong "offensive". All I can technicallly say is that if Jesus was standing there would you still say it? We should let the words that grace our lips be that of encouragement helping each other, not putting people down, but lifting others up!

The Holy Spirit is the part of God that came into you life the day you accepted Jesus as your Savior. The Holy Spirit, if present, is evident in the way we live our lives (The Fruit of the Spirit will be discussed at a later date). The HS takes the place of our conscience. The best way I know to describe our conscience is to say it is the part of us which is instilled in our inner selves by our parents, as much as our parents/guardians try they are not perfect and couldn't have taught everything we need to know about life. But even more than that I parents are wavering thay aren't always right. But when you become a Christian the Holy Spirit takes that conscience place with a new conscience, one that is incorruptable. The Holy Spirit is incorruptable not the person with which it dwells. The Holy Spirit is the part of a Christian that convicts there heart about a descision in the process of being made! But God is a loving God that forgives so once we have accepted teh Holy Spirit He is always present!

Get rid of all things of the world in your life, continue to strive each day to be more and more like Christ! Continueing the good fight to rid yourself of bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior! Bitterness= holding a grudge, rage= quick to anger, harsh words= tearing down another in anger or just because you can, then slander= lying

In life be kind to each other! The easiest way to say it is "Due unto others as you would have them do unto you!"

These words should not be mistaken for something they are not! So often, in my case anyway, I believe so many people mistake kindness for weakness! Instead I consider kindness strength! Consider Jesus, He could have called Legions of angels to His side to save Him, but He didn't He spread out his arms, died, and rose again on the third day to show us what true love is!

3 Comments:

Blogger treyknight said...

well said! What comes out of our mouth is an externalization of what is in our hearts and if our hearts have truly been washed clean with the blood of Christ then the only words we should use are words of love and support. Anything else comes from our old self and is not pleasing to God.

Nice Post, I look forward to your next set of scripture.
Trey

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you see an ad, often examine the tiny print.
You will detect they will give you wonderful remedy while you are there.

The truth of the matter is almost everything is truly in front of
you. http://phlove.net/xe/?document_srl=2252693

Check out my homepage :: third party car insurance calculator malaysia;
,

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly
loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing on your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

My webpage ... tube viperx.ca

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

He-man
You are He-man and She-ra

What 80s TV Show Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla Sora
Sora

Which Kingdom Hearts Character are You Most Like?
brought to you by Quizilla